Assessment of Clean Sky 2 finds programme is on track to meet its key objectives

    Clean Sky reported (21-May-2021) a global assessment of the Clean Sky 2 programme shows it is “well on the way to achieving its objectives”, relating to the environmental benefits for aviation as well as its socio-economic impact on the aeronautical sector at large. The assessment found that applying Clean Sky 2 technologies to commercial aircraft would lead to an overall reduction of CO2 and NOx emissions of 14%-15% overall and 29%-31% per seat kilometre by 2050. The study found Clean Sky 2 was also on track with its key objective of:

    • Increasing aircraft fuel efficiency, thus reducing CO2 emissions, by 20% to 30% compared to ‘state-of-the-art’ aircraft entering into service from 2014;
    • Reducing aircraft NOx and noise emissions by 20% to 30% compared to ‘state-of-the-art’ aircraft entering into service from 2014. [more – original PR
    We use cookies and other web technologies to collect anonymous data about the usage of this website so that we can better serve your needs. If you'd like more information on this data please see our Privacy Settings. By clicking "I Agree" below, you are agreeing to allow us to collect additional usage data.