The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the EMEA region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the EMEA market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the month.
Here are the key executive changes for Aug-2020:
- Iran Air announced the appointment of Babak Afghahi as deputy CFO.
- Air Malta CEO Clifford Chetcuti submitted his resignation due to personal reasons.
- Iran Air announced the appointment of Alireza Barkhor as CEO, succeeding Touraj Dehghani Zanganeh who was appointed to lead the Iran Civil Aviation Organization.
- Green Africa appointed Kiran Koteshwar as group chief financial officer, effective Sep-2020.
- CargoLogic Germany confirmed the appointment of Dierk Näther as CEO.
- GoAir reappointed Kaushik Khona as CEO, effective immediately.
- El Al announced chairman Eliahu Defes resigned from the position, effective 16-Aug-2020.
- Mango CEO Nico Bezuidenhout stated he resigned, effective immediately.
- Aurigny Air Services appointed Nico Bezuidenhout as CEO and Kevin George as chairman.
- El Al appointed deputy chairman Yehuda Levy as chairman.
- Aeroflot‘s board re-elected Evgeny Ditrich as chairman.
- Corsair appointed Enea Fracassi as technical and fleet director and member of the executive committee, effective 01-Sep-2020.
- Corsair appointed Frédérique Béziat as director of human resources, effective 17-Aug-2020.
- Norwegian appointed Johan Bisgaard Larsen as new director of sales and marketing, effective Aug-2020.
- Air France-KLM announced plans to appoint Oltion Carkaxhija as EVP transformation, effective 01-Oct-2020.
- Kuwait Airways announced the termination of Kuwait Airways CEO Kamel Hassan Al Awadhi’s contract, as of 07-Sep-2020. Board of directors member Adel Al-Sanea will perform the role of acting CEO until a replacement CEO is appointed.
- IAG announced Luis Gallego assumed the role of IAG CEO following Willie Walsh’s retirement after the Group’s AGM on 08-Sep-2020.