The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the across the globe witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. CTC – Corporate Travel Community aims to keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes across regional markets, while also featuring key appointments announced for the month.
Here are the key executive changes for Aug-2021:
- Viva Aerobus appointed Sonia Jerez as CFO, effective 20-Sep-2021.
- China Airlines board approved extending the tenure of current chairman Hsieh Su-Chien and president Kao Shing-hwang.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
- South African Airways (SAA) appointed Simon Newton-Smith as interim executive commercial.
- easyJet appointed Stephen Hester as a director and chair designate. Mr Hester will join the board as a non-executive director on 01-Sep-2021 and then he will succeed John Barton as the company’s chair on 01-Dec-2021.
- Turkish Airlines announced chief commercial officer (CCO) Mehmet Akif Konar retired, effective 31-Aug-2021. Chief flight operations officer Baran Gülbaran will serve as acting CCO.