The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the across the globe witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. CTC – Corporate Travel Community aims to keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes across regional markets, while also featuring key appointments announced for the month.
Here are the key executive changes for Dec-2020:
- Delta Air Lines announced the appointment of Shawn Cole as VP for global sales, effective 01-Dec-2020.
- Wheels Up announced the appointment of Lee Applbaum to the newly created position of chief marketing officer
- Canadian North announced the appointment of Matieu Plamondon as VP of charters and business development, effective 04-Jan-2021.
- Delta Air Lines announced the appointment of Marlon Sullivan as SVP for human resources.
- American Airlines announced the promotion of Stephen Neuman to the position of VP of global government affairs.
- Bolivia’s Minister of Public Works Edgar Montano appointed Ronald Casso as CEO of Boliviana de Aviacion.
- Interjet‘s general assembly appointed Alejandro del Valle as president.
- Flair Airlines announced the appointment of Garth Lund as chief commercial officer (CCO).
- Global Crossing Airlines (GlobalX) announced the appointment of Captain Eddy Doyle as president of GlobalX’s affiliate, Jetlines.
- Air Canada announced the appointment of Amos Kazzaz as EVP and CFO from 15-Feb-2021, following the advancement of current CFO Michael Rousseau to CEO.
- Air Canada appointed Jason Berry as VP cargo, effective 01-Jan-2021.
- Air Vanuatu board chairman Sam Fin appointed ‘Atu Finau as CEO.
- Air New Zealand appointed Nikki Dines as chief people office, effective 01-Feb-2021.
- Nok Air announced the resignation of Raj Tanta-Nanta as deputy CEO, effective 01-Dec-2020.
- Cathay Pacific announced the appointment of Rebecca Sharpe as executive director and CFO, succeeding Martin Murray, effective 25-Jan-2021.
- Scoot confirmed the appointment of Agatha Yap as VP marketing.
- China Southern Airlines announced the appointment of Ma Xulun as chairman, succeeding Wang Changshun.
- Cathay Pacific announced the following board changes, effective 29-Dec-2020:
- Cai Jianjiang: Resigned as a non executive director and deputy chairman of the board;
- Song Zhiyong: Elected as deputy chairman of the board.
- Air China announced the election of Song Zhiyong as chairman of the board, succeeding Cai Jianjiang, effective immediately.
- Greater Bay Airlines appointed Algernon Yau Ying-wah as CEO.
- China Southern Airlines announced its board of directors approved the appointment of Zhu Hailong as COO.
- Asiana Airlines appointed Jung Sung-kwon as president.
- Asiana Airlines appointed Ahn Byeong-seok as Air Busan CEO.
- Asiana Airlines appointed Cho Jin-man as Air Seoul CEO.
- Vietnam Airlines appointed Le Hong Ha as CEO, effective 01-Jan-2021.
- Comair (South Africa) announced CEO and executive director Wrenelle Stander will step down, effective immediately. Ms Stander is succeeded by Glenn Orsmond, and Comair’s financial director Kirsten King was appointed CFO.
- Lufthansa Group announced the appointment of Dr Stefan Kreuzpaintner as head of airline global sales, effective 01-Jan-2021. Dr Kreuzpaintner will also be appointed CCO of Lufthansa and join the airline’s executive board from the beginning of 2021.
- El Al announced Dganit Palti ceased to serve as chief financial officer, effective 30-Nov-2020.
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines announced KLM CIO and information services EVP Eelco van Asch plans to resign his position.
- easyJet appointed Sophie Dekkers as chief commercial officer, effective immediately.
- Ryanair appointed David O’Brien as Malta Air CEO, replacing Diarmuid Ó Conghaile. He will continue to serve as Lauda Europe joint CEO.
- Austrian Airlines announced plans to implement a number of changes to the composition of its management board as CCO and CFO Andreas Otto and COO Jens Ritter plan to leave the company from 31-Dec-2020 and late Mar-2021 respectively. Details include:
- SWISS’ head of network management Michael Trestl will be named Austrian CCO, effective 01-Jan-2021;
- Germanwings MD and accountable manager Francesco Sciortino will succeed COO Jens Ritter, effective 01-Apr-2021. Mr Ritter has been named as Eurowings COO from 01-Apr-2021, succeeding Michael Knitter
- Wizz Air appointed Robert Carey as president, effective 14-Jun-2021.
- SAS Cargo appointed Max Knagge as CEO, succeeding Leif Rasmussen effective 01-Jan-2021.
- SWISS appointed Peter Lienhard as Head of IT as well as Lufthansa Group head of IT domain hub commercial airlines.
- Air Malta appointed David G Curmi as chairperson, succeeding Charles Mangion, effective 01-Jan-2021
- Lufthansa Cargo announced plans to appoint Ashwin Bhat as new chief commercial officer (CCO) and executive board member, effective 01-Mar-2021.