The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the across the globe witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. CTC – Corporate Travel Community aims to keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes across regional markets, while also featuring key appointments announced for the month.
Here are the key executive changes for May-2021;
- Delta Air Lines appointed Allison Ausband as EVP and chief customer experience officer.
- Delta Air Lines announced plans to promote John Laughter to executive VP, chief of operations, effective 01-Jun-2021.
- JetBlue Airways announced plans to appoint Ursula Hurley as acting CFO, effective 12-Jun-2021.
- Delta Air Lines announced plans to appoint Dan Janki as EVP and CFO, effective 12-Jul-2021.
- American Airlines announced plans to appoint Cole Brown as chief people officer.
- Atlas Air announced plans to appoint Duncan McNabb as chairman.
- JetBlue Airways announced plans to appoint Laurie Villa as chief people officer, effective Jun-2021.
- United Airlines appointed its chief customer officer Toby Enqvist as executive VP.
- ASKY Airlines confirmed the appointment of Tasew Mefin as CEO, succeeding Ahadu Simatchew.
- Itapemirim Group appointed Adalberto Bogsan as CEO of Itapemirim Airlines.
- Thai Airways announced the title of acting president Chansin Treenuchagron has been changed to acting CEO to comply with the carrier’s organisational structure, effective 01-May-2021.
- Thai Airways announced the appointment of Chai Eamsiri as chief financial officer to comply with the company’s new organisational structure, effective 01-May-2021.
- Hainan Airlines announced executive chairman and legal representative Liu Weijing tendered his resignation.
- Singapore Airlines announced the retirement of Stephen Barnes as chief financial officer, effective 31-May-2021. Mr Barnes will be replaced by Tan Kai Ping in the role.
- Hainan Airlines board of directors approved the election of Liu Lu as the company’s chairman and legal representative. Chairman Xu Jun has been appointed as president while president Ma Zhimin has been appointed as executive vice president.
- PNG Air stated its CEO and acting CFO Anthony Pereira resigned, effective immediately. PNG Air appointed Stanley Stevens as acting CEO, and Nisaal Jai as acting CFO.
- Air China appointed VP Ma Chongxian as president of the company, effective 31-May-2021. The carrier’s board also resolved to propose the appointment of Mr Ma as an executive director and vice chairman.
- Batik Air announced it appointed Wisnu Wijayanto as president director, effective 20-May-2021.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Air France-KLM announced group CFO Frédéric Gagey will be succeeded by Steven Zaat, current Air France CFO, effective 01-Jul-2021.
- Volotea announced the appointment of Mike Powell as new CFO, effective 01-Jul-2021.
- Icelandair reported the resignation of Group CFO Eva Soley Gudbjornsdottir.
- El Al chairman David Brodet stated he will step down at the end of May-2021.
- Air Transat announced plans to appoint Annick Guérard as president and CEO, effective 27-May-2021. Ms Guérard is replacing Jean-Marc Eustache who is retiring and will also succeed him as chairman of the board.