The travel, tourism and aviation industries across the globe witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Corporate Travel Community (CTC) aims to keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes across regional markets, while also featuring key appointments announced for the month.
Here are the key executive changes for Sep-2020:
Asia Pacific appointment highlights…
- GoAir chief commercial officer (CCO) Praveen Iyer reportedly resigned his position, effective immediately.
Europe, Middle East and Africa appointment highlights…
- Iberia announced Javier Sánchez-Prieto was appointed as president and CEO.
- Vueling announced Marco Sansavini was appointed as Vueling’s president and CEO.
- Gulf Air announced Krešimir Kučko will step down from his role as CEO by the end of Sep-2020.
- Air Namibia CFO Werner Schuckmann resigned, effective 30-Sep-2020.
- easyJet appointed Kenton Jarvis to the board as chief financial officer (CFO), replacing Andrew Findlay.
- Etihad Aviation Group appointed Martin Drew as MD cargo and logistics, effective 01-Nov-2020.
- Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) chief strategy project officer Nayyer Hayat resigned his position, effective immediately.
- Qatar Airways Cargo announced the appointment of Kirsten de Bruijin as senior vice president cargo sales and network planning.
- SWISS announced CEO Thomas Klühr requested he step down from the role at the end of 2020 due to personal reasons, which include plans to serve the yet-to-be-established Swiss Aviation Foundation.
- Finnair announced plans to appoint Päivyt Tallqvist as new SVP communications and board member, effective 01-Nov-2020.
- Sky Mali‘s board appointed Tahir Ndiaye as Sky Mali MD, effective immediately.
- Iran Air announced the appointment of Akbar Gharibzadeh as acting deputy chief of staff.
Americas appointment highlights…
- LATAM Airlines Group announced the appointment of Marty St George as group chief commercial officer effective 01-Oct-2020.
- Eastern Airlines appointed Mike Duggan as director of international cargo business development.
- Gol‘s outgoing chief information officer (CIO) Paulo Palaia Sica announced the carrier appointed Claudia Meira as CIO effective 22-Sep-2020.
- LATAM Cargo Brasil appointed Otavio Meneguette as VP business.