Launceston Airport released (03-Dec-2019) its 2020 Draft Master Plan, outlining the airport’s top priorities until 2028, as well as providing a blueprint for airport developments toward a “twenty year horizon”. Key details include:
- Expand arrival and departure halls to accommodate future passenger growth, as well as improvements to accommodate a rise in aircraft movements;
- Extend car park facilities;
- Enhance security screening in 2020 to meet new regulation;
- Explore opportunities to deliver faster check in and development of new technologies;
- Proposal to develop airside activities, including an additional passenger aircraft apron based on demand, with added general aviation sealed apron and parking areas to the south of the southern freight apron.