Air New Zealand received (09-Apr-2021) a letter from New Zealand‘s Minister of Finance Grant Robertson, outlining the Crown’s expectations as the airline’s majority shareholder:
- To be a ‘national airline’ continuing in operation to support economic development, including access to international markets for exporters and international tourism linkages, when international travel resumes;
- To maintain a comprehensive domestic route network which allows people and goods to move across New Zealand in a timely fashion at a reasonable cost;
- To demonstrate its commitment to environmental sustainability and engage with the development of sustainable aviation fuels;
- Enhance its role as a leader for best practice workplace relations;
- Continue acting as a responsible corporate citizen;
- To achieve the objectives, while operating as a commercially sustainable and capital efficient business.