Avianca, via its official LinkedIn account, announced (13-Feb-2020) the official launch of Avianca Express, Avianca Holdings' subsidiary to operate regional feeder services. Details on Avianca Express are as follows:
- CEO: Santiago Diago;
- Fleet: 12 68-seat ATR 72-600s;
- Traffic forecast: Over 1.2 million passengers in 2020;
- Network: 19 destinations;
- Commencing operations at Medellin Enrique Olaya Herrera Airport to Quibdó, Montería and Bucaramanga from 30-Mar-2020;
- Strengthening of regional routes from Bogota El Dorado International Airport, including additional daily frequencies to Corozal and Ibague.
Avianca CEO Anko van der Werff stated: "Today we welcome Avianca Express, our new regional airline, a product tailored to the regions in Colombia to connect them swiftly and efficiently". [more - original PR]