Norwegian Air announced (25-Mar-2019) adjustments to the following services due to the grounding of its Boeing 737 MAX 8 fleet:
- Dublin to New York Stewart and Providence: Temporarily deployed Boeing 787-9 equipment on daily Dublin-New York Stewart service and added bus transportation from New York Stewart to Providence;
- Dublin-Providence: Three times weekly with 737-800 equipment from 31-Mar-2019;
- Dublin-Hamilton: Four times weekly with 737-800 equipment from 31-Mar-2019;
- Shannon to New York Stewart and Providence: Passengers transferred to Dublin-New York Stewart service with bus transportation from Shannon to Dublin and from New York Stewart to Providence, effective 01-Apr-2019 to 10-Apr-2019;
- Cork-Providence: Passengers transferred to Dublin-Providence service with bus transportation from Cork to Dublin, effective 02-Apr-2019 to 09-Apr-2019.
The airline is also allowing affected passengers to rebook or receive a full refund free of charge. The carrier is "actively working on more permanent measures to operate normal services" from 11-Apr-2019. [more - original PR]