Singapore Airlines (SIA) announced (24-May-2023) plans to increase Australia frequencies from Nov-2023, subject to regulatory approval. Details as follows:
- Singapore-Melbourne: From four to five times daily, effective 22-Nov-2023 to 31-Mar-2024. A380 operation on one frequency will be extended from end of Oct-2023 to 21-Nov-2023, with the aircraft to be replaced with A350 from 22-Nov-2023;
- Singapore-Sydney: From four to five times weekly with A350-900, effective 02-Dec-2023 to 14-Jan-2024;
- Singapore-Adelaide: From daily to 11 times weekly with A350-900, effective 02-Dec-2023;
- Singapore-Brisbane: From 21 to 25 times weekly with A350-900, effective 01-Dec-2023 to 13-Jan-2024;
- Singapore-Perth: From 21 to 25 times weekly with A350-900, effective 24-Nov-2023 to 14-Jan-2024.
Singapore Airlines regional VP South West Pacific Louis Arul said the decision to significantly ramp up SIA's operations over the year end holiday period would help support the high levels of demand that were expected. [more - original PR]