Qantas Group announced (15-Apr-2021) the following updates to its fleet:
- Jetstar to deploy six A320 aircraft on loan from Jetstar Japan;
- Jetstar to deploy up to five Boeing 787-8s domestically, usually flown on international routes, from mid 2021 until international services return;
- The Group engaged Alliance Airlines to operate three Embraer E190 aircraft from May-2021 to provide capacity in northern and central Australia;
- During Q4FY2021, 90% of the Group’s aircraft will be active;
- Qantas and Jetstar will have more aircraft operating in domestic and resource markets than pre-coronavirus, including all Boeing 737s and A320/A321s.