Qantas provided (15-Apr-2021) the following updates for the group’s recovery, allowing more parts of the business to be brought out of hibernation:
- Group Domestic capacity increasing beyond previous estimates to reach 90% of pre-coronavirus levels in Q4FY2021, with Jetstar to reach 120% of pre-coronavirus levels due to strong leisure demand;
- All Qantas and Jetstar domestic crew now back at work;
- Recovery strategy puts short term focus on cash positive flying over profit margins;
- Continuing to target resumption of rest of international network from late Oct-2021;
- Premium international lounges in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane to reopen;
- The signing of a seven year lounge management agreement with Accor, as an extension of its 14 year partnership.