Virgin Australia announced (15-Apr-2021) plans to add more than 220 return weekly frequencies to its schedule, offering new and extended seasonal services. Trans-Tasman services to Queenstown are set to recommence ahead of school holidays on 18-Sep-2021. New and extended frequencies include:
- Melbourne-Hamilton Island: Three times weekly from 08-Jun-2021 to 31-Oct-2021;
- Melbourne-Darwin: Daily from 10-Jun-2021 to 31-Oct-2021;
- Brisbane-Launceston: Four times weekly seasonally extended service between 17-Jun-2021 to 25-Jul-2021;
- Melbourne-Ballina Byron: Five times weekly seasonally extended service, between 09-Jun-2021 to 31-Oct-2021;
- Brisbane-Queenstown: Four times weekly from 18-Sep-2021;
- Sydney-Queenstown: Four times weekly from 18-Sep-2021.