This was the topic of a panel discussion at the CAPA Asia Aviation Summit in Kuala Lumpur Brisbane at the start of Nov-2023.
The session was moderated by CAE, Head of Sales (Asia), Vivian Dsouza and included Malaysia Airports, COO, Gordon Stewart; Japan Airlines, Senior Research Fellow, Industry-Academia Research and Cooperations, Yoguchi Akihide; SITA, Vice President Airports, Borders, Communications & Data Exchange, Sanjeev K; Batik Air, Group Strategy Director, Chandran Rama Muthy; and Oliver Wyman, Partner; Head of Transportation & Services, Asia Pacific Region, Douglas Carlucci
Some of the topic areas covered included:
- What operational lessons have Asia Pacific carriers drawn from the experience of the last few years?
- How have regulators and aviation authorities acting to ensure their own performance matches the demands of the system?
- With digitalisation and automation on the rise, how are these technologies enabling airports, airlines and the supply chain to enhance their operational performance?
- What are the key areas of concern in the long term?
- Is infrastructure, workforce, public-private interaction or something else the key concern?
- What are the bottlenecks that remain in the system?