- Hyde Hotels’ ‘state of mind’ to land at Munich Airport
- Capella launches new Patina Hotels and Resorts Brand which will debut in the Maldives later this year
- Kimpton expands Texan adventure with new Fort Worth property
- The new Sindhorn Kempinski Hotel Bangkok aims to bring a ‘different perspective to luxury hospitality’ when it opens in May-2020
- News briefs – bitesize updates of latest industry news and developments
Hyde Hotels’ ‘state of mind’ to land at Munich Airport’s innovation cosmos
Lab Campus is described as a “smart city of the future”. Located on a site west of Munich Airport that is the size of 70 soccer fields - 500,000 square metres - "destination innovation” is taking shape with fresh, smart ways of collaborating between businesses and across industries. The latest example sees a partnership with Accor Group and SBE Hotels to develop and open a new 'Hyde Living' extended-stay property, the first of its kind in Europe. The facility, scheduled to open in 2023, is expected to hold 230 one and two-bedroom apartments catering to those working on short and long term innovation projects at the LabCampus. According to Accor, Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences are “intuitively dialled into the desires of the in-the-know; their interests, aspirations and tastes” with the new kind of hospitality, “grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection”. It adds: “Hyde is more than a brand, it’s a state of mind.
Capella launches new Patina Hotels and Resorts Brand which will debut in the Maldives later this year
Singapore-based Capella Hotel Group has introduced a new brand to its portfolio – Patina Hotels and Resorts. It is described as a “sophisticated lifestyle brand” that has been created for “progressive travellers of a new generation”. It will launch with properties in the Maldives, Ubud, Bali and Sanya, China. The Patina Maldives, Fari Islands will be the launch property and is due to open in the fourth quarter of this year. The Patina concept has been born from “independent minds with a deep appreciation of culture and community, and an unwavering devotion to the wellbeing of the planet” and guests’ “desire to honour individuality”. Located in the North Atoll of the Maldives, the Patina Maldives Fari Islands is being designed by renowned Brazilian architect Marcio Kogan. The resort offers 90 beach and water villas, ranging from one to three bedrooms, all of which are described as embodying “a harmony of sanctuary and stimulation”. Accompanying the villas, the resort will also offer 20 Fari Studios.
Kimpton expands Texan adventure with new Fort Worth property
Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants will open a boutique hotel in downtown Fort Worth, an adaptive reuse of the historic XTO Energy Headquarters building. The new Kimpton Hotel is set to open in the spring of 2021 and will mark the third property for the boutique hotel company in Texas, joining Kimpton hotels in Austin and a Dallas project slated to open this summer. The new property will have 232 guestrooms, a signature Italian restaurant, 10,000 square feet of meeting space, a two-storey grand ballroom and a Penthouse Sky Bar with expansive city views. It will be housed in a nearly-century old building in the bustling Central Business District of downtown Fort Worth, originally built as the Farmers and Mechanics National Bank.
The new Sindhorn Kempinski Hotel Bangkok aims to bring a ‘different perspective to luxury hospitality’ when it opens in May-2020
The much-anticipated Sindhorn Kempinski Hotel Bangkok is set to open its doors in May-2020. Situated within the newly developed Sindhorn Village in the upscale Langsuan neighbourhood and just steps away from the verdant Lumphini Park, the hotel aims to “redefine luxury hospitality” in the most visited city in the world. Sindhorn Kempinski Hotel Bangkok is the second project between Kempinski Hotels and Siam Sindhorn Company Limited in Thailand. The hotel’s 285 oversized guestrooms will begin at 66 square metres in size and will feature authentic Thai elements.
- Algarve's hotel association has reported 60% of hotels in the region of Portugal have received requests for cancellations linked to the coronavirus outbreak. Portugal's central region has seen a 15% reduction in hotel bookings.
- The Fairmont El San Juan oceanfront hotel, born from the El San Juan Hotel, officially joined the Group’s luxury portfolio at the start of this year. The resort has 388 rooms, including many suites, poolside and oceanfront villas.
- US company HAMU Hospitality and Tourism Group has completed the acquisition of the highly rated Fleur du Soleil Guesthouse in Franschhoek, South Africa. This acquisition is HAMU's first investment in hospitality and tourism in South Africa.
- The Forum de l’Investissement Hôtelier Africain (FIHA) that was due to take place in Abidjan later this month has been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Organiser, Bench Events, has rescheduled the event for 07-09-Jul-2020.
- Specialty finance company Access Point Financial supported Hitalk Hotels with financing for the company's acquisition of the Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut. Access Point Financial provided USD10.1 million in financing for the acquisition of the property, which was managed by Aimbridge Hospitality.
- The JA Manafaru Maldives has recently announced its exclusive operation as an all-inclusive resort. Guests at the chic hideaway, which features 84 luxurious beachfront and over-water villas and residences, will now benefit from an all-inclusive meal plan which covers seven restaurants and bars.
- The Little Palm Island Resort & Spa – part of the Noble House Hotels & Resorts collection – officially started accepting guests from the start of Mar-2020. The ultra-luxe private island resort property has undergone a complete re-imagination and marks the last Florida Keys property to reopen following Hurricane Irma in Sep-2017.
- The 120 all-suite Residence Inn by Marriott Sacramento Davis opened in California, USA earlier this month. The property, located 10 minutes from downtown Sacramento and 19 miles from Sacramento International Airport is conveniently located for the Mondavi Center and the UC Davis campus. The property will operate as a Marriott franchise, owned by Jackson Hospitality and managed by Brighton Management.
- SiteMinder has unveiled ‘Insights’, a set of smart monitoring and reporting capabilities that “usher hotels into the Intelligence era”. The capabilities will be native to users of the channel management, direct booking and pricing intelligence features within SiteMinder’s platform, to provide hoteliers a single place to access clear and actionable data on their local market, business performance and guests.
- Reservations are now being accepted for the Six Senses Shaharut which will open on 01-Jun-2020 in the Arava Valley in the south of the Negev Desert. The resort is intimate in nature, comprising just 60 suites and villas, offering guests an authentic desert adventure with uplifting experiences at every turn.
- The Sofitel London Heathrow has implemented the Knowcross platform to increase operational productivity and enhance the quality of guest service. Connected directly to Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 5, the 605-room luxury property is a popular choice for travellers on both business and leisure trips.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott has agreed a new marketing partnership with Society6 to bring custom curated Gallery Walls for guests to enjoy at over 450 hotels across North America. Merging the affinity for art and travel, The Gallery Wall in each hotel lobby will feature artwork from one of ten geographic regions.
- The newly constructed Wood Hotel in Brumunddal, Norway has deployed VingCard Essence Mobile-Access ready door locks from ASSA ABLOY Global Solutions. The property is located within Mjostarnet Tower, the world's tallest wooden building with a total of 18 storeys also supporting apartments and offices.