- Hilton debuts DoubleTree brand in Germany
- Wyndham unveils new luxury Registry Collection Hotels brand for independent owners
- Savoy Signature to open high-tech NEXT Hotel in Funchal
- E-Central Hotel ready to open as downtown Los Angeles’ newest lifestyle boutique hotel
- Data metrics – latest performance insights from STR
- News briefs – bitesize updates of latest industry news and developments
Hilton debuts DoubleTree brand in Germany
Hilton has introduced its first Doubletree property into Germany, the 50th country to its network as it continues to grow the brand. Since it made its debut in the UK in 2008 there are now over 615 properties open across the world offering 141,000 rooms. This fast rollout has been achieved through the conversion of non-Hilton properties to the brand. Almost two-thirds (64%) of the brand’s hotels worldwide being converted properties, including this latest example in Germany. The Doubletree by Hilton Frankfurt Niederrad represents a conversion of the former Innside by Melia Frankfurt Niederrad, and is located approximately five miles from the international airport hub, close to the Frankfurt-Niederrad train station. The property has 146 guestrooms, a 24-hour fitness centre, and meeting and events space for up to 140 attendees. The Doubletree by Hilton Frankfurt Niederrad is the group’s eighth hotel in the city, joining the existing Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt City Centre, Hampton by Hilton Frankfurt City Centre East, Hampton by Hilton Frankfurt City Centre Messe, Hampton by Hilton Frankfurt Airport, Hilton Frankfurt Airport, and Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport.
Wyndham unveils new luxury Registry Collection Hotels brand for independent owners
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts has unveiled its 21st brand, Registry Collection Hotels, adding a luxury offering to the upper end of the company’s growing brand portfolio. The launch of Registry Collection Hotels supports an industry trend where growing numbers of independent luxury hotel owners are seeking out proven and established partners for support, while maintaining their independent spirit and brand individuality. Handpicked to deliver “incredible experiences in spectacular destinations,” the hallmark of Registry Collection Hotels is “the allure of their unmistakable individuality, elevated by thoughtful design and world-class service”. The Registry Collection Hotels debuts with the exclusive 144-room, all-suite, Grand Residences Riviera Cancun. Nestled on a white sand beach just moments from the peaceful fishing village of Puerto Morelos, the secluded resort features spacious and inviting Hacienda-style accommodations and is owned and managed by affiliates of the Royal Resorts group of companies.
Savoy Signature to open high-tech NEXT Hotel in Funchal
Madeiran hotel brand, Savoy Signature, has confirmed a new NEXT Hotel will be opening in Funchal, from 01-Jul-2021. The brand supports the concept of meeting the needs of millennial-mindsets with a high-tech space; it celebrates both vibrancy and a connection with the local Madeiran community. NEXT is fully adapted to the growing number of digital nomads with inspiring co-working space incorporated into the public areas of the hotel. There will also be a comprehensive hotel app, which guests will have access to from the time of booking. The new Funchal property has been designed by RH+ Architects, with the interiors developed by ISWORKROOM, a globally celebrated interior design-firm who have collaborated with the likes of One & Only and Rosewood Hotels. It is located a short walk from the city’s Old Town, with bustling nightlife, restaurants and bars and overlooking the scenic harbour of the charming capital.
E-Central Hotel ready to open as downtown Los Angeles’ newest lifestyle boutique hotel
The new E-Central Hotel in downtown Los Angeles aims to become as the new go-to destination for locals and visitors alike who are seeking sophisticated surroundings and superior service. The property, formerly known as the Luxe City Center Hotel, consists of a new brand, new attitude, as well as renovations to guest rooms, public spaces and more. The 179-room hotel will open to guests from summer 2021 with the offer of extraordinary views of downtown hotspots including L.A. Live, ESPN Zone, just steps away from the popular Staples Center. Upscale and eclectic, E-Central Hotel’s reimagined lobby features a bold fresh look with an ultra-modern glass staircase towering over vivid elements of the property’s front entrance. Guests will be greeted by an oversized chandelier illuminating the white studded front desk and invigorating shades of purple covering the area. Meanwhile, outfitted with bright yellow tones and bold blues, each guest room is accentuated by natural light and a contemporary seating area.
Data metrics – latest performance insights from STR
- Boosted by the Friday and Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, weekly hotel occupancy in the United States of America (USA) reached its highest level since late-Feb-2020 for the week ending 29-May-2021. Occupancy reached 61.8%, down -4.2% on the same week in 2019, ADR hit USD122.06, just -1.6% down on 2019, while RevPAR was USD75.42, down -5.7%. This is a positive recovery sign, however, the percentage changes were skewed more to the positive because the 2019 comparable was the week after Memorial Day. This was the second successive week that occupancy peaked the 60% figure having risen to 60.3% the previous week, the first time it exceeded the level since the start of the pandemic.
News briefs – bitesize updates of latest industry news and developments
- European hoteliers are showing a sense of optimism for the first time since 1Q 2020, according to a survey from hotel technology provider eRevMax. According to its Europe Hotel Outlook – Q2 2021 report based on the findings from a survey conducted with hotels in the region, occupancy has improved more in the luxury and BnB segment than in midscale and budget. While occupancy and revenue remain the top priority for hoteliers, two in five (40%) feel they would be able to go back to pre-pandemic business levels within a year.
- The newest wellness hotel in the Atlanta area, EVEN Hotel Atlanta - Cobb Galleria, has made its debut near some of the city’s most important business centres and entertainment complexes. Managed by Real Hospitality Group, the new hotel on Overton Park Drive has quick access to both the I-75 and I-285 roadways. The 133-room property is the brand’s second location in Georgia, following EVEN Hotel Alpharetta – Avalon Area.
- The iconic, art deco Hotel Greystone will be an expression of Miami Beach past, present and future when it formally opens in Sep-2021. Led by Salt Hotels in partnership with B Group Capital, the property is located in the historic Collins Park neighbourhood, within steps of the beach and offering a boutique experience amongst much larger and imposing buildings. Built in 1939, the property is one of architect Henry Hohauser's iconic contributions to the area. It comprises 91 rooms and suites, including a number of penthouse suites with private terraces featuring hot tubs and vista views.
- The Hudson Whaler Hotel, a boutique New York property, has started accepting reservations for stays beginning 22-Jun-2021. The new hotel incorporates modern style while staying true to the property’s historic roots, with thoughtful touches that gently remind visitors of Hudson’s maritime origin. Inspired by the nautical and artistic nuances of the charming town, the property features 16 guest suites.
- Hyatt Hotels has increased its 2021 net rooms growth forecast to approximately +6.0%, up from a prior expectation of greater than +5.0%. The change follows a Jun-2021 agreement with respect to 22 Hyatt Place hotels in the US owned by subsidiaries of SVCs. Under the terms of the amended agreement, Hyatt will continue to manage 17 of the 22 Hyatt Place hotels owned by subsidiaries of SVC for a 10-year term.
- Hilton Grand Vacations has confirmed the opening of Liberty Place Charleston by Hilton Club in Charleston, South Carolina, near the site where the iconic Liberty Tree once stood. The 100-unit resort is HGV’s first property in historic Charleston and aims to embody the spirit of Charleston’s rich history and southern hospitality. It is HGV’s fifth property developed in collaboration with South Carolina-based Strand Capital Group.
- ONOMA Hotel, a newly opened property in Thessaloniki, Greece, has incorporated Mobile Access along with VingCard Essence door locks and VingCard Allure interactive door lock panels in a partnership with ASSA ABLOY Global Solutions together with Certified Partner, EUROTEL Hospitality. Catering predominantly to millennial travellers, the property recognised that it needed to adopt services that in addition to enhancing guest safety, also addressed expectations for instant self-service.
- Operto Guest Technologies, a provider of property automation and IoT control systems for the hotel, vacation and short-term rental industries, has acquired VRScheduler, a recognised industry heavyweight in property operations management. The VRScheduler platform will continue to be developed alongside the Operto operating ecosystem, as a ‘sister’ brand, maintaining its existing leadership and team.
- Radisson Hotel Group has relaunched and repositioned the Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest, following a major capital investment that has increased the hotel’s room inventory to more than 600 rooms. The extensive transformation includes a brand-new redesigned lobby and a revamped inner garden with a dedicated dining and pool area. The investment project will continue into 2022 with the addition of 200 brand-new guest rooms.
- Hospitality management group White Elephant Resorts is deploying the PBX solution from Gloud5 Communications in all seven of its Nantucket Island, MA and Palm Beach, FL destinations. These comprise the White Elephant Nantucket, White Elephant Palm Beach , The Wauwinet, Jared Coffin House, The Cottages at the Boat Basin and Nantucket Boat Basin.