Here are the key executive changes for Apr-2022:
- IndiGo chief commercial officer Willy Boulter announced plans to retire from the role in four months.
- T'way Air reappointed Jeong Hong-geun as CEO for an additional term.
- AirAsia X announced the resignation of Nadda Buranasiri as AirAsia X Group CEO, effective 01-Apr-2022.
- FLC Group announced Dang Tat Thang will serve as chairman of the board of management of FLC Group and Bamboo Airways.
- IndiGo appointed Mahesh Malik as chief commercial officer of 'CarGo', the LCC's cargo division.
- Juneyao Air appointed Liu Kaiyu as VP and Zheng Xiaoming as chief engineer.
- Pelita Air Service appointed Dendy Kurniawan as president director.
- Go First appointed Girish Advani as chief commercial officer.
- Evergreen Group appointed Chang Kuo-wei as UNI Air chairman.
- Asiana Airlines announced the promotion of Jae-hoon Ryu to MD.
- Thai AirAsia X appointed Patima Jeerapaet as CEO.
- Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) announced CEO Arshad Mahmood Malik retired from the role.
- Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) COO Jawad Zafar passed away on 26-Apr-2022.
- Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) appointed Khurram Mushtaq as chief projects officer.
- Bonza appointed Michael Young as COO.
- IndiGo appointed Venkataramani Sumantran as chairman of the board.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Air France-KLM extended the mandate of CEO Benjamin Smith for an additional term of five years, until May-2027.
- Pegasus Airlines appointed chief commercial officer Güliz Öztürk as CEO, to succeed Mehmet Nane in this role effective 01-May-2022.
- Eurowings announced Brussels Airlines COO Edi Wolfensberger joined Eurowings' executive board as COO on 01-Apr-2022.
- SAS announced EVP and chief commercial officer Karl Sandlund resigned his position and will leave both roles by Oct-2022.
- Smartavia's board appointed Anatoly Semenyuk as director general.
- Air Montenegro appointed Dragana Frantov Nikolić as acting executive director.
- Bluebird Nordic appointed Audrone Keinyte as CEO.
- El Al appointed VP commercial and industry affairs Dina Ganancia as CEO, effective 01-Jun-2022.
- El Al appointed Omry Cohen as deputy CEO and chief operating officer.
- Lufthansa Group appointed VP ground operations hub airlines Frankfurt Tilman Reinshagen as Brussels Airlines COO, effective 01-Jul-2022.
- Aeroflot's board appointed Sergey Aleksandrovsky as director general and management board chairman.
- Burkina Faso's Council of Ministers announced it decided to relieve Air Burkina MD Blaise Sanou of his duties, effective immediately.
- South African Airways appointed John Lamola as executive chairman and CEO.
- KLM announced its shareholders approved the the reappointment of Erik Swelheim as MD and CFO for a two year period.
- KLM announced its shareholders approved the appointment of Marjan Rintel as president and CEO, effective 01-Jul-2022.
- WestJet appointed Kirsten de Brujin as EVP Cargo, effective late Apr-2022.
- WestJet appointed Bob Cummings as Swoop president.
- Breeze Airways appointed Tom Doxey as president and Natalie Atwood as chief people officer.