Here are the key executive changes for Dec-2021:
- Cape Air appointed Linda Markham as CEO, effective 01-Jan-2022.
- American Airlines announced CEO Doug Parker will retire effective 31-Mar-2022. He will continue to serve as chairman of the board of directors. The carrier also announced American Airlines president Robert Isom as Mr Parker's successor.
- American Airlines appointed Derek Kerr as vice chair and president effective 31-Mar-2022, upon Robert Isom's assumption as CEO.
- American Airlines appointed Steve Johnson as EVP and strategic advisor effective 31-Mar-2022, the date Robert Isom becomes CEO.
- Delta Air Lines appointed Pamela Fletcher as chief sustainability officer (CSO) and senior vice president, effective 01-Feb-2022.
- WestJet appointed Alexis von Hoensbroech as CEO of WestJet Group, effective 1Q2022.
- IndiGo appointed Neetan Chopra as chief digital and information officer.
- Vistara appointed Deepak Rajawat as chief commercial officer (CCO), effective 01-Jan-2022.
- Vistara CCO Vinod Kannan commenced in the role of Vistara CEO on 01-Jan-2022. He replaces Leslie Thng as Vistara CEO.
- SriLankan Airlines CEO Vipula Gunatilleka plans to retire from his role by the end of 2021.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Edelweiss Air appointed David Birrer COO and accountable manager effective 01-Mar-2022.
- Yakutia Airlines appointed Andrey Semenovich Vinokurov as general director.
- Lufthansa Group announced the following changes in its top management:
- Jens Ritter: Member of the executive board and COO of Eurowings, will become CEO of Lufthansa on 01-Apr-2022, succeeding Klaus Froese;
- Annette Mann: Head of corporate responsibility at Lufthansa Group, will become the new CEO of Austrian Airlines from 01-Mar-2022, subject to nomination by the respective supervisory board bodies. Annette Mann succeeds Alexis von Hoensbroech;
- Joerg Beißel: Head of corporate controlling at the Lufthansa Group, will assume the position of CFO of Lufthansa Airlines as of 01-Apr-2022. He succeeds Patrick Staudacher.
- Austrian Airlines announced the immediate departure of CEO and CFO Alexis von Hoensbroech, due to competitive reasons, ahead of his appointment as Westjet CEO in 1Q2022.
- Lufthansa Cargo appointed Dietmar Focke as chief operations and human resources officer from 01-Mar-2022, subject to approval from the supervisory board, succeeding Harald Gloy.
- Air Serbia announced the appointment of GM commercial and strategy Jiří Marek as CEO, effective 01-Jan-2022.