Here are the key executive changes for Dec-2022:
- Royal Brunei Airlines appointed Sabirin Hj Abd Hamid as CEO.
- IndiGo chief strategy and revenue officer Sanjay Kumar resigned his position, effective immediately. IndiGo appointed Vinay Malhotra, currently serving as head of global sales, to replace Mr Kumar as chief strategy and revenue officer.
- Cebu Pacific announced appointed Michael Szucs as CEO from 01-Jan-2022, replacing president and CEO Lance Gokongwei who will become the company's chairman. Additionally, CCO Alexander Lao will now be president and CCO and James L Go will continue to be an adviser to the Cebu Pacific board and executive committee.
- Bangladesh's Government appointed Shafiul Azim as Biman Bangladesh Airlines MD and CEO.
- Air India appointed Air India Express CEO Aloke Singh as the CEO of the planned merged airline resulting from the integration of AirAsia India with fellow TATA Group LCC subsidiary Air India Express into a single low cost carrier under the Air India Express brand.
- SpiceJet's shareholders approved the re-appointment of Ajay Singh as chairman and managing director.
- Asiana Airlines appointed head of cargo division and executive director Won Yoo-seok as acting CEO.
- Cathay Pacific announced the following executive changes, effective 01-Jan-2023:
- Ronald Siu Por Lam succeeds Augustus Kin Wing Tang as CEO;
- Lavinia Hoi Zee Lau appointed as an executive director and succeeds Mr Lam as chief customer and commercial officer.
- Bamboo Airways appointed Pham Dang Thanh as new deputy director general.
- Nok Air announced the resignation of acting chief accountant Jittima Kerdsombat, effective 31-Dec-2022.
- Air Vanuatu's board announced its plans to replace Air Vanuatu CEO Atu Finau with the temporary appointment of Joseph Laloyer.
Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Ryanair Holdings PLC announced the board reached an agreement with Michael O'Leary to extend his contract as Ryanair Group CEO until the end of Jul-2028, rather than concluding at the end of Jul-2024.
- Madagascar Airlines appointed Thierry de Bailleul as CEO.
- Air Zimbabwe chairperson Silvanos Gwarinda stated he resigned in Nov-2022 "for personal reasons".
- Air Mauritius' board approved the appointment of Krešimir Kučko as CEO.
- Etihad Airways appointed Raffael Quintas as CFO.
- SAS announced EVP and COO Simon Pauck Hansen decided to depart the company.
- LOT Polish Airlines appointed Katarzyna Lewandowska as interim CEO, replacing Rafal Milczarsk.
- Etihad Airways appointed Arik De as chief revenue officer.
- Air France-KLM announced the following appointments, which will be effective from 16-Jan-2023:
- Transavia France CEO Nathalie Stubler as special advisor to the group's decarbonisation strategy;
- HOP! CEO Olivier Mazzucchelli as Transavia France CEO;
- Transavia France COO Hervé Boury as HOP! CEO.
- TAROM appointed Costin Iordache as GM.
- El Al stated CFO Yizhak Eliav will cease to hold office from 31-Mar-2023.
- TUI Group appointed Pieter Jordaan as chief information officer.
- Ameriflight appointed Alan Rusinowitz as president and COO.
- American Airlines appointed Devon May as CFO.
- WestJet Group announced the retirement of CFO and EVP finance Harry Taylor, effective 31-Dec-2022.
- WestJet appointed Tanya Foster as chief information officer.x`