Here are the key executive changes for Jul-2022:
- StarFlyer promoted Takashi Shibata to senior managing executive officer, responsible for corporate planning and sales.
- AirAsia X announced the re-designation of Tony Fernandes as acting group CEO of AirAsia X.
- Bangladesh's Ministry of Public Administration appointed Biman Bangladesh Airlines' director Zahid Hossain as MD and CEO.
- AirAsia X chief financial officer Andrew Robert Littledale filed for resignation to pursue other opportunities.
- Hainan Airlines announced the following executive changes:
- CFO: Tian Hai;
- President: Zhu Tao;
- VPs: Chen Hao, Gong Ruixiang, Liu Changqing;
- Vice chairman: Chen Ming;
- President: Xu Jun;
- Executive VP: Ma Zhimin;
- VP: Wu Xiaoxi;
- CFO: Zhang Hongqing.
- Bamboo Airways appointed Nguyen Manh Quan as CEO.
- AirAsia X appointed Mahmood Fawzy as chairman of the board.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
- easyJet announced the resignation of Peter Bellew as COO.
- KLM announced René de Groot intends to step down as KLM COO.
- Uganda's Minister of Works and Transport Edward Katumba Wamala confirmed the appointment of Jenifer Bamuturaki as Uganda Airlines CEO.
- Air Serbia former CEO Duncan Naysmith confirmed his appointment as Qatar Airways CFO.
- Red Wings' board appointed Evgeniy Solodilin as director general.
- South African Airways (SAA) appointed Tebogo Tsimane as interim chief commercial officer, succeeding Simon Newton-Smith.
- Air Senegal confirmed Alioune Badara Fall officially took over the role of director general from Ibrahima Kane.
- Zimbabwe's Ministry of Transport announced Minister Felix Mhona appointed Silvano Gwarinda as chairperson for Air Zimbabwe.
- Canadian North appointed Michael Rodyniuk as president and CEO.
- Easyfly founder and president Alfonso Avila announced his retirement.
- iAero Group appointed a new leadership team, led by new iAero Airways president Timothy Rainey. The company's executive leadership team including Geoffrey T Raicht, who has been named as iAero Group's chief legal officer and chief compliance officer, and Brendan Welsh, who has been serving as iAero Group's CFO and who also serves as CFO for iAero Airways.