Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) announced (26-Mar-2023) plans to commence a second phase of its schedule and terminal assignment rationalisation from Apr-2023. Under the programme, Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2 will become an all domestic facility and international flights will be reassigned to terminals 1 and 3 as follows:
- Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Asia, Scoot, China Southern Airlines and STARLUX Airlines transferred to Terminal 3 from 16-Apr-2023;
- Philippine Airlines to relocate flights to and from Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Phnom Penh to Terminal 1 from 16-Apr-2023;
- Ethiopian Airlines and JEJU air to move to Terminal 3 from 01-Jun-2023;
- Philippine Airlines to move all international flights to Terminal 1 from 16-Jun-2023;
- Philippines AirAsia to move all domestic flights to Terminal 2 from 01-Jul-2023;
- Cebu Pacific domestic flights to remain in Terminals 3 and 4 temporarily while MIAA works on expanding Terminal 2 capacity.
MIAA general manager Cesar Chiong said the company expects an increase in Terminal 2's capacity from 7.5 million to 10 million passengers per year, 20% to 25% more than its current rate. [more - original PR]