Correction: Cathay Pacific, via its official WeChat account, announced (26-Apr-2022) plans to increase frequencies on services from Hong Kong to Delhi, Mumbai, Amsterdam, Brisbane, Perth, Tel Aviv and Auckland between May-2022 and Jun-2022. Services to mainland China remain suspended for transit passengers only. The announcement comes as Hong Kong's Government recently announced that non Hong Kong residents will be allowed to enter Hong Kong from 01-May-2022.
News for Asia
Cathay Pacific to operate additional frequencies to India, Australia, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv in May/Jun
United Airlines and Singapore Airlines (SIA) announced (25-Apr-2022) the following expansion to their codeshare agreement from 26-Apr-2022:
- United customers will be able to connect to Bandar Seri Begawan, Siem Reap, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Bali, Jakarta, Surabaya, Perth and Male with Singapore Airlines;
- SIA customers may connect on United's flights out of Los Angeles to Austin, Baltimore, Boise, Cleveland, Denver, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reno and Sacramento. This complements existing connections available on United's network from Houston to Atlanta, Austin, Dallas Fort Worth, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, New Orleans, Orlando and Tampa. [more - original PR]
Korean Air plans to resume twice weekly Seoul Incheon-Delhi service on 05-May-2022, as per a 25-Apr-2022 GDS inventory and timetable display. The airline will operate the service with Boeing 777-300ER equipment.
Cathay Pacific, via its official website, welcomed (Apr-2022) the recent announcement by the Hong Kong Government regarding the gradual resumption of travel from 01-May-2022, stating it is "actively resuming more flights". The carrier will operate additional frequencies from London, Sydney and Manchester in Jun-2022, including a daily service from London between 08-Jun-2022 and 30-Jun-2022.
CAAC stated (22-Apr-2022) Lufthansa's Frankfurt-Shenyang service will continue to be suspended for a further four weeks from 30-May-2022, after 10 passengers on flight LH720 tested positive for coronavirus on 13-Apr-2022. [more - original PR - Chinese]
Hong Kong's Government announced (22-Apr-2022) that non Hong Kong residents will be allowed to enter Hong Kong from overseas places and the route specific flight suspension mechanism will be adjusted, including relaxing the threshold for suspending incoming flights carrying infected passengers, and adding the 'test and hold' arrangement at the airport, effective 01-May-2022. [more - original PR]
CAAC stated (22-Apr-2022) the following international services will be temporarily suspended:
- Suspension from 25-Apr-2022:
- Oman Air's Muscat-Guangzhou service for two weeks;
- Shanghai Airlines' Bangkok-Nanchang service for two weeks;
- Suspension from 02-May-2022:
- EgyptAir's Cairo-Hangzhou service for four weeks;
- Sichuan Airlines' Cairo-Chengdu service for two weeks. [more - original PR - Chinese]
Korean Air is scheduled to resume three times weekly Seoul Incheon-Las Vegas service, effective 10-Jul-2022 to 29-Oct-2022, according to a 22-Apr-2022 GDS display. The airline will operate the service with A330-200 equipment. The carrier last operated the service prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Singapore Changi Airport, via its official website, reported (21-Apr-2022) the following traffic highlights for Mar-2022:
- Passengers: 1.1 million, -30.9% compared to Mar-2020;
- Cargo: 152,000 tonnes, +2.0%;
- Aircraft movements: 13,200, -18.5%.
Air Niugini announced (19-Apr-2022) from 01:00 on 25-Apr-2022, all pre departure testing will cease at the airport for all services. If travelling to Singapore, Hong Kong or Manila, or transiting to a country that requires a negative certificate, customers must bring the certificate to the airport. The certificate must be issued by a doctor and include select information. Passengers transiting onto services to other international destinations will also be asked for evidence that the destination does not require a pre departure test at time of check in. Passengers departing internationally from Papua New Guinea are reminded that they cannot be checked in without a certificate of vaccination valid for travel. [more - original PR]