Virgin Australia opened (20-Apr-2022) its invitation only 'Beyond Lounges' in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane on 20-Apr-2022. The reopening of the lounge network, previously known as The Club, a key benefit of the new Virgin Australia Beyond loyalty programme announced last year, signifies a major milestone in the airline's transformation plan and follows a long list of significant customer improvements since Virgin Australia was relaunched in 2020. Virgin Australia Beyond is now the highest tier of loyalty for Virgin Australia customers and sits alongside the airline's Velocity Frequent Flyer loyalty programme which continues to offer Red, Silver, Gold and Platinum status. Beyond member benefits include:
- 12 month annual membership for the primary member with the option to also nominate a spouse/partner for Beyond membership to enjoy the same benefits. Membership is reviewed each year;
- Access to dedicated Beyond Lounges in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane with a relaxed à la carte menu offering;
- Dedicated phone concierge service to make or change bookings;
- Four complimentary upgrades to business class p/a;
- One complimentary Velocity Gold membership for the primary member's executive assistant.
To coincide with the opening of Beyond, Virgin Australia has today launched a new and fresh à la carte menu for Beyond members. All food is freshly prepared on site and can be ordered with the airline's dedicated Beyond Lounge Hosts who are on hand to deliver a personalised service experience. The breakfast and all-day dining menus will rotate regularly based on supply and seasonality. Beyond Lounge Hosts will also recommend meals from the all-day à la carte menu based on the duration of the members visit before their flight. [more - original PR]