The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the month.
Here are the key executive changes for Aug-2020:
- Global Crossing Airlines (GlobalX) appointed Edgar Green as head of IT.
- Wheels Up announced the appointment of Stephanie Chung as the carrier’s first chief growth officer.
- Delta Air Lines announced the retirement of SVP and COO Gil West, effective from the end of Sep-2020.
- UPS appointed Nando Cesarone as president US operations, succeeding George Willis who is retiring. The company appointed Scott Price as president UPS International, succeeding Mr Cesarone.
- Wheels Up appointed Lieutenant General Thomas W Bergeson as COO and Jason Horowitz as chief business officer (CBO).
- United Airlines announced the appointment of Mike Hanna as SVP of airport operations, effective immediately.
- American Airlines announced the promotion of Thomas Rajan to the position of VP of compensation and benefits in Aug-2020.