The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the across the globe witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. CTC – Corporate Travel Community aims to keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes across regional markets, while also featuring key appointments announced for the month.
Here are the key executive changes for Jul-2021:
- Viva Peru announced the departure of CEO Stephen Rapp and commercial manager Francesca Luna. Mr Rapp was appointed CEO in Nov-2019. Ms Luna will be replaced by Carolina Vigil.
- Endeavor Air appointed Phillip Underwood as COO in Jun-2021. Mr Underwood was previously MD of Delta Connection.
- LATAM Airlines Group appointed Marta Vieira da Silva as global leader for diversity and inclusion.
- Jetlines announced the appointment of Duncan Bureau as CCO.
- Alaska Airlines appointed Toni Freeberg as MD of sales, effective immediately.
- JetBlue Airways announced the following executive appointments:
- Ed Baklor promoted to head of customer care and programmes;
- Alex Battaglia appointed head of airports and system operations;
- Allen Huang appointed VP, associate general counsel;
- Ciprian Acatrinei promoted to senior head of technology at JetBlue Travel Products, the company’s wholly owned travel subsidiary.
- Avianca appointed Gabriel Oliva as executive vice president and head of Avianca Cargo, effective 18-Aug-2021.
- China Express Airlines announced the promotion of co-president Li Sansheng to president. Current president Li Zhiliang was appointed as co-president.
- India’s Government appointed Vineet Sood as Alliance Air CEO for a three year period. Mr Sood previously served as Biman Bangladesh Airlines CFO. He commenced as Alliance Air CEO on 31-Jul-2021 and replaced Harpreet A De Singh in the role.
- Cathay Pacific customer director Simon Large and chief risk officer Philippe Lacamp resigned. Mr Large left the company on 31-Jul-2021 while Mr Lacamp will leave the company on 31-Aug-2021. Chief operations and service delivery officer Greg Hughes was awarded a one year contract extension until Jun-2022, at which point he is expected to retire.
- Akasa, an Indian start-up LCC, appointed the following senior executives:
- Anand Srinivasan as chief information officer;
- Praveen Iyer as chief commercial officer;
- Bhavin Joshi as SVP of finance and leasing;
- Belson Coutinho as head of marketing;
- Adam Voss as head of engineering;
- Ajit Baghchandani as head of inflight services.
- Tigerair Taiwan appointed Hsu Hsin-yi as CFO, succeeding Wang Ching-ting effective 01-Sep-2021.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Magma Aviation appointed Conor Brannigan as deputy CEO.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo’s Government appointed Pascal Kasongo Mwema as Congo Airways interim MD on 15-Jul-2021. The government also appointed Jean-Claude Mubenga Tshamala as interim deputy MD.
- Air Europa board appointed Richard Clark as director general.
- Icelandair announced the appointment of Ívar S Kristinsson as Group CFO, having served as interim CFO since May-2021.