Destination NSW announced (17-Nov-2020) New South Wales’ (NSW) Government committed AUD200 million (USD145.9 million) in the 2020/21 NSW Budget to drive visitation and visitor spending in NSW to pre-coronavirus levels by 2024. Key activities strengthening the NSW visitor economy in 2020/21 include:
- High reach and high impact broadcast and marketing campaigns to promote Sydney and NSW to domestic markets;
- Growth of the Sydney and NSW events calendar;
- Delivery of Australian first COVID-Safe events including the new live music initiative Great Southern Nights and Vivid Sydney 2021;
- Securing partnership campaigns with travel trade partners and airlines to develop opportunities to package and promote NSW short breaks, major events, destinations and experiences;
- Delivering industry development programmes to assist tourism businesses to develop, promote and sell their tourism products;
- Delivering programmes to attract more visitors, events and conferences and spread visitor economy benefits to more regional NSW communities;
- Maintaining awareness of NSW as a visitor destination in international markets so Sydney and NSW are top of mind when border restrictions ease.