Samoa‘s Government, via its official Facebook account, outlined (19-May-2020) the following advice for all passengers entering Samoa, with penalties applying if conditions are not followed:
- Receive a coronavirus test and complete a medical report three days prior to arrival:
- Passengers are not permitted to board a service if they have not received a coronavirus test and/or have a cough, fever, sore throat, flu like symptoms;
- Required to undergo quarantine for 14 days upon arrival at a designated location;
- Are only allowed to bring one piece of hand luggage and be prepared to bring their own personal hygiene equipment;
- Samoa’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Health must be notified of any pre-existing conditions and what medication is required to ensure the passenger has enough medication to last the individual two months;
- Samoa’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Health must be notified of any dietary requirements;
- All children should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, to be up to date with vaccinations and have enough hygiene equipment.