Air New Zealand chief marketing and customer officer Mike Tod reported the airline experienced a strong increase in bookings due to the overlap of the Easter holidays, Anzac Day and school holidays (scoop.co.nz, 18-Apr-2019). Key highlights include:
- A 16% year-on-year increase in domestic bookings over the four days of Easter, with a 6% increase in international bookings;
- Regional ports experiencing an increase of more than 40% during the Easter break;
- Pacific Island bookings over the Easter break increased by one third;
- Almost 6000 unaccompanied minors plan to travel on Air New Zealand's network during the autumn break;
- In the four weeks leading up to Easter, Air New Zealand Cargo has moved more than 13,500 individual shipments to 131 destinations, including more than 900 tonnes of New Zealand lamb bound for Easter tables in Europe.