Iberia Express announced (20-Mar-2018) plans to focus its summer expansion in France, Italy, Greece and the Spanish islands. The carrier plans to launch services to Palermo and Mykonos and resume operations to destinations tested in previous years, including Cork, Oslo and Krakow. Summer operations to Malta will be extended from 22-May-2018 to 27-Oct-2018. Details include:
- Madrid-Naples: Frequency increase from seven to 10 times weekly;
- Madrid-Cagliari: Frequency increase from twice to four times weekly;
- Madrid-Palermo: Launch of twice weekly service, from 05-Jul-2018;
- Madrid-Heraklion: Increase in length of operations. According to OAG, the carrier will hold monopoly on the twice weekly service;
- Madrid-Thira: Increase in length of operations. According to OAG, the carrier will hold monopoly on the three times weekly service;
- Madrid-Mykonos: Launch of twice weekly service effective Jun-2018. According to OAG, the carrier will hold monopoly on the route.
The carrier also plans to expand domestic operations to the Canary Islands by 4% and to the Balearic Islands by 5%. [more - original PR - Spanish]