Newcastle Williamtown Airport purchased (24-Jan-2019) 76ha of land adjacent to the airport for the development of the Astra Aerolab Business Technology Park. Details include:
- 73 lots on 46 hectares of developable land;
- Adjoining Newcastle Airport and RAAF Base Williamtown;
- Direct airside access for selected lots;
- Onsite amenities will include cafes, parks and cycleways;
- AUD19.66 million (USD14 million) project funded by the NSW Government, City of Newcastle and Port Stephens Council.
Port Stephens mayor Ryan Palmer commented: "By investing in our region's airport, we're establishing ourselves as a dynamic destination for both business and tourism well into the future. We're pleased to support expansion of the airport to focus on the development of an innovative aerospace precinct, which will benefit locals and visitors. This will set up Port Stephens - and the whole of the Hunter Region - to truly participate on the world stage as a premier tourist and business destination". [more - original PR]