Qantas Group and Deloitte Access Economics released (11-May-2018) a study outlining the carrier's contribution to the economy of regional Australia in FY2017:
- Total direct and indirect contribution of more AUD5 billion (USD3.8 billion), supporting more than 40,000 regional jobs;
- More than AUD800 million (USD602.8 million) in direct contributions through value added from Qantas Group regional operations and more than AUD700 million (USD527.7 million) in indirect contributions to suppliers in regional Australia;
- More than 1000 direct jobs including pilots and cabin crew and almost 5000 jobs supported indirectly through the supply chain;
- Facilitated almost AUD4 billion (USD3 billion) in tourism spending in regional Australia, supporting an additional 36,000 jobs;
- AUD450 million (USD338.9 million) spent with more than 1200 suppliers based in regional Australia.
The Qantas Group network services 48 regional centres across 73 regional routes. [more - original PR]