Singapore Changi Airport announced (22-Jul-2022) plans to resume operations at Terminal 4 on 13-Sep-2022 after a hiatus of over two years. Changi stated reopening the terminal, which has a capacity of 16 million passengers p/a, will help to meet increased travel demand and will support airlines in launching more flights. The following airlines will relocate progressively to T4:
- Cathay Pacific and Korean Air on 13-Sep-2022;
- AirAsia Group on 15-Sep-2022;
- Cebu Pacific, Juneyao Air, JEJU air, Bamboo Airways and HK Express on 20-Sep-2022;
- Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air and Thai VietJet Air on 22-Sep-2022;
- Jetstar Group on 25-Oct-2022.
T4's high degree of automation will enable airlines to benefit from productivity gains. It also has sufficient narrowbody boarding gates to facilitate airline operations with predominantly narrowbody aircraft in their fleet, reducing the need for bussing operations. [more - original PR]